We are African Girls Empowerment Network (AGE Network), a registered young feminine frontline civil society organization dedicated to reducing gender inequality by empowering and advancing the human rights of young women and girls.
We are launching AGE Cares 16Days of Activism Campaign to help women/girls facing gender-based violence speak up and heal.
Are you a woman who has had your own share of Gender -Based Violence of any kind( sexual violence, rape, child marriage, domestic violence, etc.) and you are suffering in silence?
Are you bold and would you like to join other women to speak up and share your story?
Then Join AGE Cares 16Days of Activism to help women/girls facing gender-based violence speak up and heal Campaign to share your lived experience.
Share your lived experience on Gender-based Violence to aid your recovery and assist others in learning
Speaking up and sharing your lived experience will not only help you heal and overcome the stigma and damaging mental health effects of abuse but it will also help other women know that they are not alone and together we will break the silence culture and end violence against women and girls.
The AGE Cares 16Days of Activism to help women/girls facing gender-based violence speak up and heal Campaign seeks to stand in solidarity with our women who are facing violence because they’re women by giving them the opportunity to speak up and share their lived experiences.
Each day during the 2022 16Days of Activism, we will be helping 1 woman share her story on Gender-based violence.
You can be a part of the campaign by sharing your story or referring someone who is bold and will like to share her story and speak up against SGBV.
1) You must be a woman/girl/intersex/gender non-conforming/disable
2) You must be a citizen of Africa residing anywhere in the world
3) Your story must be your own lived experience or connected to someone close to you that has affected you
4) You authorize AGE Network to share your story
5) Your story is no more than 500 words or 5 to 10 minutes of audio/ video
How to share your story
You are totally at liberty to or not to share your story with us
1) To make it easier, you can send in your story in writing, painting, picture, or audio/video format using the voice recorder or camera on your phone.
2) You can also share your story in the form of a short film
2) You can share your story via zoom
3) You are at liberty to share a story without sharing your real name. (Anonymous)
4) If you choose to remain anonymous kindly indicate that you do not want your real name to be mentioned or a picture to appear while sharing the story
5) All stories or pictures should be uploaded to the online form and if you need any assistance do not hesitate to contact AGE Cares Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp at +2347048065450
To join kindly complete the online form or Call/WhatsApp AGE Cares Team on 07048065450, 08062762068 on how to participate.